Updates and Coronavirus Response
Updated March 31, 2020
At Fresh Thyme, we’re instinctively guided by our values and our commitment to community, to make the right decisions for our customers, our neighbors and each other. As we all continue to adjust to the impact the coronavirus has had on our daily lives, we want you to know that as a part of your community, we’re here for you.
Hours of Operation
- Fresh Thyme Stores: Starting Sunday, March 22nd, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market will serve all customers with slightly reduced hours from 8am to 8pm daily. The reduced hours will allow for additional cleaning, sanitation and restocking of key items.
Designated Shopping Hours
- For our customers over the age of 60 and customers who may have a compromised immune system, Fresh Thyme will be open exclusively for you to shop between 6 am – 8 am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- For our customers who are healthcare personnel, first responders and law enforcement, Fresh Thyme will be open exclusively for you to shop between 6 am – 8 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We ask that you please present your professional ID to enter.
- Fresh Thyme has been able to get some essential products back into our stores in limited quantities and are placing purchase limits on key items to ensure more customers have an opportunity to purchase what they need.
- Due to the impact of the coronavirus, as a precaution we are temporarily unable to accept product returns or exchanges at this time. Please see a member of your local store’s Management Team to address any quality concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
- We are temporarily asking our customers to refrain from using their own reusable bags or bulk containers.
- We have temporarily suspended all bulk water dispensing until further notice.
Fresh Thyme Employees
- We care for our team members and want them to feel confident staying home if they don’t feel well. In the interest of supporting our team members in their concerns, we are allowing those team members who wish, to wear gloves and masks, beyond those working in the food service and food preparation areas of our stores. Team members wearing gloves or masks are not signs that those team members are symptomatic for COVID-19. We value the dedication of our team members in their efforts serving the communities and we are trying to make every accommodation we can under the circumstances. We have several programs to support them, many of which have been in place for some time. These include:
- A pay continuation program that allows those who are quarantined or who test positive for COVID-19 to stay home with pay.
- Free online COVID-19 screenings from a board-certified doctor for all team members.
- A backup care reimbursement program to offset the unexpected costs of unplanned care for children or adults.
- Of course, our primary focus is to provide a safe environment for our customers and team members. This includes the continuous cleaning and sanitization of our stores and ensuring we’re practicing social distancing. We are in the process of adding plexiglass shields at our check stands to provide another level of safety for our team members. As an extra precaution, we’re also asking customers to please refrain from bringing their own, reusable containers for use in the Bulk departments. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.